Bus Operated Range with Electric Axle Lohr
Boreal is a complete low floor electric axle able to satisfy requirements for bus retrofits or original equipment. The innovation of this axle lies in its motor: housed inside the wheel it has no reduction gear, is silent and has a power of 100 kW (200 kW for the entire axle).
From all-diesel to all-electric
- Wheel motor of 100 kW,
- for retrofit or first installation on urban electric or internal-combustion engine buses,
- complete system: electric axle with 2 wheel motors and its dedicated electric equipments,
- « plug and play » integration,
- for the hybridisation of an 18 m articulated bus, or the full electrification of a 12 m bus, as well as lorries,
garbage skips, car carriers, etc.
Benefits of a solution "without reduction"
- Better electric motor efficiency,
- energy consumption reduction of around 25%,
- less noise,
- better interior habitability,
- 20% less on-board traction batteries.
First steps with the CTS
Boreal is equipping an 18 m hybrid bus belonging to Strasbourg public transport company (CTS) which will be in commercial operation from 2016.
- Motor installed in the wheel (22.5» rim),
- no reduction: no maintenance, no noise,
- synchronous motor with permanent magnets,
- liquid cooling,
- Nmax = 485 rpm,
- max torque = 6500Nm,
- Pmax = 100kW (200kW per axle),
- load : 6.1t / wheel, with tyre 455/45 R 22.5.
More information ?
2017.09.11 - La Télé (FR)
Elle est 100 % électrique et modulable. La navette Cristal a fait ses premiers kilomètres en ville de Rolle. Le véhicule présenté en collaboration avec CarPostal et le Conseil régional du district de Nyon pourrait être utilisé dès le second semestre 2018.