The LOHR Railway system is a road-railway system (piggyback) which is technologically safe and economical for the transportation of standard road semi-trailers on the European rail network.
Thanks to the Lohr wagon, which is an articulated low-loader and articulated and allows the fast and safe transhipment of semi-trailers, the Lohr railread technology has already made it possible to transfer 2 million lorries from road to rail in 20 years, thus saving more than 2.8 million tons of CO2 emissions on the 5 rail motorway lines in service :
- « Autostrada Ferroviaria Alpina » on 175 km between Chambéry (Aiton) and Turin (Orbassano),
- « Lorry-Rail » over 1040 km between Luxembourg (Bettembourg) and Perpignan (Le Boulou),
- « VIIA Britanica » over 1470 km between Calais and Perpignan (Le Boulou),
- « VIIA Britanica » over 1050 km between Calais and Turin (Orbassano),
- Over 800 km between the Port of Sète and Calais,
- On 1000 km between Luxembourg (Bettembourg) and Poznan (Swarzedz)
It is a truly competitive, safe and environmental friendly solution, immediately operational, complementary to road transport and capable of absorbing the transit traffic that saturates the road and motorway networks. It combines the flexibility of the road with the advantages of the rail for medium and long distances.
Watch the Lohr Railway System on YouTube and see how the operators operate the Lohr wagons: