Bus Operated Range with Electric Axle Lohr
Boreal is a complete low floor electric axle able to satisfy requirements for bus retrofits or original equipment. The innovation of this axle lies in its motor: housed inside the wheel it has no reduction gear, is silent and has a power of 100 kW (200 kW for the entire axle).
From all-diesel to all-electric
- Wheel motor of 100 kW,
- for retrofit or first installation on urban electric or internal-combustion engine buses,
- complete system: electric axle with 2 wheel motors and its dedicated electric equipments,
- « plug and play » integration,
- for the hybridisation of an 18 m articulated bus, or the full electrification of a 12 m bus, as well as lorries,
garbage skips, car carriers, etc.
Benefits of a solution "without reduction"
- Better electric motor efficiency,
- energy consumption reduction of around 25%,
- less noise,
- better interior habitability,
- 20% less on-board traction batteries.
First steps with the CTS
Boreal is equipping an 18 m hybrid bus belonging to Strasbourg public transport company (CTS) which will be in commercial operation from 2016.
- Motor installed in the wheel (22.5» rim),
- no reduction: no maintenance, no noise,
- synchronous motor with permanent magnets,
- liquid cooling,
- Nmax = 485 rpm,
- max torque = 6500Nm,
- Pmax = 100kW (200kW per axle),
- load : 6.1t / wheel, with tyre 455/45 R 22.5.
More information ?
2018.09.20 - Golem.de (DE)
Circulation urbaine, carrefours, ronds-points : c’est l’objectif de l’industriel Lohr et de son partenaire, l’opérateur Transdev, concernant la nouvelle navette autonome i-Cristal. Ce véhicule présenté au salon InnoTrans, sera bientôt en expérimentation à Paris-Saclay.