Supplier Quality Engineer (M/F)
Based in: Duppigheim (East of France)
Contract: Open-ended full time
Working hours: Daytime
Projected start date: ASAP
The Supplier Quality Engineer works within the Quality Department and takes over the quality responsibility of one (or more) commodity of purchased parts or systems. His responsibility includes securing suppliers and parts for assembly line, challenging engineering and manufacturing specifications until the release of new purchased parts or systems, monitoring supplier quality performance as well as resolving quality issues.
Tasks involving new parts or systems within the framework of new projects:
- Proactive support of risk assessments and risk management within the framework of projects (design reviews, technical discussions, Risk Level Assessment / FMEA, manufacturing feasibility assessments),
- Coordinating of all activities related measurement processes in order to reach released measurement comparisons between different parties,
- Conducting supplier visits (aim: quality planning and improvement) and on-site acceptance inspections, e.g. process approval, with the aim of achieving „robust manufacturing processes”,
- Ensuring the quality of Initial samples (as well as prototypes) of purchased parts and systems in accordance with group standards, including decision on use,
- Definition of Safe Launch concept in partnership with supplier to reach 0 defect target during serial production.
Tasks within the serial order performance process:
- Responsible for the compliance of the supplier quality process during serial phase in partnership with Procurement and Supply Chain departments,
- Responsible for managing non-conformities of purchased parts or systems by coordinating all necessary corrective and preventive actions in accordance with the supplier to avoid any recurrence,
- Ongoing plausibility checking and tracking of key performance indicators (quality KPIs) and, when necessary, tracking of quality relevant actions through to a successful conclusion, incl. review of effectiveness,
- Assessing, defining and implementing the necessary technical and qualitative actions in the event of changes to processes/products or concessions initiated by the supplier or internally,
- Implement new or improve existing quality standards & tools within the framework of the quality management system to reach operational excellence for the relevant commodity.
Master’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or universityMaster’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
Experiences with hydraulic and/or electric - electronic systems are a plus.
Minimum of 3 to 5 years of sourcing/manufacturing/technical experience with product quality responsibilities.
Experienced in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and all related quality tools (i.e. FMEA, QAM, audit, …) and problem solving methods (i.e. 8D, QRQC, …).
Self-confidence, persuasive manner, assertiveness, analytical thinking, systemic approach, flexibility, excellent communication skills, ability to work in a team and to act with accountability.
Fluent French language skills.
An additional language would be highly appreciated.
Ability and willingness to travel required.
Égalité Femmes Hommes
Pour l’index de l’égalité
Femmes Hommes, LOHR
obtient une note de 80 sur 100.
2021-12-17 – Press release
At the end of this year, good news for Cristal by Lohr: the first Cristal shuttles are joining the city of Ajaccio, the first reference for the electric shuttle from Lohr, soon to be followed by Orange, Avignon and Saverne.